6/9/2010 9:42:21 PM
"Innovative" is perhaps the best word to describe our Corporate Chaplains ministry. Thriving on their varied encounters with employees in all kinds of workplace settings, Outreach Canada's chaplains are clearly called to serve. They minister to employees, management, and company owners in manufacturing plants, showrooms, hotels, restaurants, service facilities, offices, and stores--just about in every kind of business conceivable.
Dr. Billy Graham remarked, "I believe one of the next great moves of God is going to be through the believers in the workplace.” Likewise, Bill Pollard, Chairman of ServiceMaster, wisely said: “In today’s global community, the greatest channel of distribution for ‘salt and light’ is the business community… the marketplace.” Corporate Chaplains are poised to meet that challenge, and can offer a proven program.
The seed was planted in Calgary in 2003, as a result of the visionary efforts of one of Outreach Canada's Board Directors, who gathered other interested Christian business owners to pray and discuss how the ministry could unfold. Once officially launched in September 2004 in Calgary, it quickly expanded to nearby Banff and Canmore, as other businesses witnessed the impact it had on the work environment and in the lives of their employees as well. The next expansion was to Vancouver's Lower Mainland in June 2007, and another launch in the Ottawa area in April 2008 adds another key area to serve. Under the leadership of National Director, Bruce Mitchell, the chaplains team is growing in number as new businesses realize the benefits of adding chaplains to their Employee Care Programs.
By promoting the overall relational health of employees, caring for extended family needs, and providing moral and spiritual support when requested, the work environment will be a better, more profitable place for employees and employer alike. One of our goals is to for owners to experience an increase in their effectiveness in managing their workforce also.
Outreach Canada’s Corporate Chaplains ministry assists businesses to:
- Provide a customized part-time/full time workplace chaplains program.
- Have qualified, caring chaplains with 24/7 in-person, crisis care response.
- Have a confidential, on-site mentor assist to work through personal issues.
- Offer bereavement care, staff crisis management and conduct funerals.
- Supply referrals to licensed counselors for critical counseling needs.
- Offer stress-reduction strategies and workshops.
- Access addictions support and suicide intervention.
- Build workplace relationships where trust can grow.
- Offer seminars on practical business and family life issues.
- Engage in intercessory prayer for ownership and employees.
- Provide moral and spiritual support for business leadership.
- Promote Christian values through Bible studies/chapel services (when requested).
- Offer executive coaching and support to owners.
Visit www.chaplains.ca for more information.
Created by Addriene
You've really imprsseed me with that answer!