Outreach Canada Website
/ Sunday, November 8, 2020
2020 has been a tough year. North Americans have been impacted by many inconveniences and many of us know someone who has been ill, hospitalized, or passed away due to the pandemic.
However, in some parts of the world the devastation has been much more profound. Outreach Canada is partnering with an organization in India who has been raising leaders, impacting communities and changing lives for almost 30 years. Currently, our partner has been actively involved in relief work among those who have been severely impacted by the pandemic.
- Millions of day labourers and small business owners have lost their only source of income.
- In desperation, women have turned to prostitution to feed their families.
- Displaced people have nowhere to go for help.
- People rescued from human trafficking have little hope for a better future.
- A large population from the economically weaker section are going hungry or underfed due to loss of resources and facilities.
Over the past several months, food security has already been provided for over 6000 families with a total of 1.8 million meals.
Today we are asking for your help.
FREEDOM 25 is a collaborative project that will address two problems at the same time:
The FREEDOM 25 Project will train and engage women who are on the streets to run community kitchens & food carts in their own neighbourhoods.
1.The aim is to pay women a daily wage allowing them to choose a different vocation for survival instead of prostituting themselves.
2. The community kitchens will then serve nutritious and hygienic food to the underprivileged population which will improve their immunity to further protect them from infections and be job ready.
3. The project will set up the kitchens for the first six months, and train the women to be self-sustaining entrepreneurs, eventually leading to women running their own self-supporting businesses and and providing valuable resources for the community.
Through our partner organization, over 6000 families have already been fed over the past few months with a total of over 1.8 million meals, providing food security for many. We are seeking to raise a further $50,000 for the FREEDOM 25 project.
Our partners in India believe so strongly in this initiative, that they have been selling personal possessions, even a car, to help provide food for those in need.
Your financial gift will help us jump start this program immediately. These kitchens can begin serving meals in a matter of weeks and countless lives will be changed.
We are asking you to consider a gift of twenty-five dollars. Your gift of $25 provides enough food to feed a family of five for a full week. Larger gifts will help us reach our goal of $50,000 to open new community kitchens in new neighborhoods.
DONATIONS to this project are no longer being accepted.
FREEDOM 25 PROJECT OVERVIEW