From the shame and pain of the cross, Christ has been exalted to the place of highest honour and glory.
"But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, and since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool." Hebrews 10: 12,13
Why the theme of Waiting? An American pastor preached on this text in a Lutheran Church in Berlin. It was October 2016. As I had been fervently praying for refugees for a couple of years, I sought out this congregation who had been actively reaching out to Syrian, Afghan and Iranian refugees for 20 years. Baptisms were prevalent! That wet October night, God struck a deep chord. I sat in awe and wonder amidst this foreign crowd, in this humble sanctuary. I listened with attentiveness. My spirit thirsted for more. The text buried itself within. God is now beginning to unearth this pearl.
Description: worship, engagement with the Biblical text and exploring our role and its spiritual implications in our current world events, reflection, journalling, prayer and renewal.
- Date: Saturday, Nov. 17, 2018.
- Time: 9:00 coffee and muffins. We'll begin worship at 9:30 a.m. and finish about 12:30 noon.
- Location: 1001 - 3007 West 7th Ave., Vancouver
- Contact: David Robinson at 604 308 2514
- Fee: $35.00 per person. Please bring your own Bible, journal and pen. Coffee and muffins will be provided.
- Registration: Outreach Canada website
- Facilitator: Ute Carkner
Registration: at Outreach Canada website